Alexis Bloom Week 10 Journal
In the Face of Defeat
This week was a huge disappointment for me. Although we manged to get as much done as we could have possibly done in the last week, we didn’t meet beta. I’m mostly disappointed in myself, as I was sick during crunch time. I kept passing out at odd hours and couldn’t be in the labs without feeling really sick. For the rest of the week, I wanted to make sure that I was at the top of my game. I’ve been churning out as much animation as I can, and it’s paid off so far. We’re pretty much done all of the rough animation for the new scene we put in. In addition to that,we cut out the entire bee gun scene and retimed the entire animatic. I think it read a lot better now. The last obstacle we have ahead of us for this quarter is getting the new animatic in before Friday ends.
I got a lot done this week. I worked mostly on animating and modeling. I just have to keep pushing forwards and get everything done. My anxiety is really running high this time of the quarter, and I just want to get as much done as we can before deadline.
- Advisor Meeting: Met with John Berton to explain what we did over the week: (2 hour)
- Group Meetings (dailies 3x a week): Went over what we accomplished during the week: (3.5 hours)
- VFX: Working on visual effects for the animatic (3 hours)
- Animating: Roughing in animation for new sc04 and other scenes for last class: (20 hours)
- Modeling: Modeling some more props: (5 hours)
Total: 33.5 Hours
Here is a shot I animated for our new scene 04.
We’re farther along than most animation groups have been until now. Classes are pretty much done for me so I can devote nearly all of my time to SPROJ.
Didn’t meet beta. Very disappointed and nervous.