Alexis Bloom Week 09 Journal
Road to Recovery
This week was a… roller coaster to say the least. I am still sick, and desperately trying to recover. I put in the most hours I ever have this week since we have our final presentation on Tuesday. I spent a few nights in the labs into the early morning hours to get things done. I disappeared a few times due to overwhelming sickness (Chris, if you’re reading this, I’m sorry again), but I tried to come back as much as I could. I still think I got a lot more work done than I usually would have, even though I was sick.
I spent the majority of this week animating. I fixed the shots that needed to fix, and made them render-ready for Avery. In addition to that, I spent a good chunk of my time comping rendered characters on top of their background plates. I also did some visual effects for the newly updated animatic, and spent the last couple of days getting everything together for Tuesday. It was a terrible time to get sick, but I managed to push through it.
- Advisor Meeting: Met with John Berton to explain what we did over the week: (1 hour)
- Group Meetings (dailies 3x a week): Went over what we accomplished during the week: (3.5 hours)
- VFX: Working on visual effects for the animatic (6 hours)
- Animating: Roughing in animation for sc04 and sc01: (15 hours)
- Comping: Comping characters onto their background plates: (18 hours)
Total: 43.5 Hours
Here are some of the placeholder VFX I plopped in.
Somehow managed to make it to the final presentation
STILL Sick :(.